RPG Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An original Jedi Knight Jedi Academy RPG community with an original story.

Home<!--Start JAckeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Call to Arms.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 pm

A courier arrives to each of the members selected to the "elite squadron" that reports directly to the president. They are called to a high security building on coruscant.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:22 pm

//Wow. Thanks for roleplaying your characters.... i had something big set up -_-
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:19 pm

// Sigh... None of them use the forums other than me and rel.

The general slowly walked up the stairs to the government building. He slowly entered the room, nodding respectfully to the guards.
Back to top Go down
Rel

Rel

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Kaine entered the government building saluting any superior he came across, wondering why was he called here.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:30 pm

The President and his associates waited impatiently. An urgent matter had arisen, and the use of a courier should have alerted the squad to the reasons for their summoning. It had happened before, for far less dire consequences.
Back to top Go down
Centaur
Admin

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Brogan Callaghan walked in, also wondering why he's there. More specifically wondering when he could leave this dump of a military and get back to being himself , but he knew he had more work to do after that. He did not let his wish to leave known to anyone, by word or action. He waited for a speech, trying to not look impatient.

OOC: lol, Brogan appearing to be clueless.. Sooo me. xD xP. Anyway, on with the rp!
Back to top Go down
https://rpgrestoration.forumotion.com
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 am

General Zarn waited calmly for the rest of the squad to assemble. He gave polite nods to them as they entered the room.

((OOC: this is in case people dont have forum accounts or didn't see it, theyre all here.)
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:23 pm

The President, seeing everyone had been assembled, called for his assistant to began the presentation.

A map of Klatooine is shown, zooming in to reconassiance gathered on the outpost there. A fleet is simulated, as a seperate detachment in a small ship land on the planet's surface.

Some of you may be wandering why you were called here..

The president points to the small detachment landing on the surface.

You have an assignment. One I can only trust to you. You will play a very important role in the upcoming invasion.

The map zooms out to show the fleet of Imperials engaging the Coalition forces.

The insurgents will be focused here. On the invasion. Moving their defenses to defend against the one-sided attack. You have one task. Infiltration and Sabatoge. Do I make myself clear?

The president pauses and waits for any questionsor suggestions from his military advisors, particularly the General.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:58 pm

((For the record, we need to text roleplay the space battle... And you suck... because now i have to be a part of the land invasion and I have the least time.))
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 pm

((You're a general. You don't need to go on the field))
((And yeah, the space battle needs to be rp'ed or sim'ed, and then we can commence with the event once dated.))
((The small Squad will be attacking regardless of the result of the space battle, they're insurance))
Back to top Go down
Centaur
Admin

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Jaegar showed up in a dark corner somewhere behind the President and his people. He had been there for some time but only few would have been able to and fewer would have wished to take notice. But he stepped out somewhere into the open near where the president was (either behind, beside, infront, whichever he would be most able to step). He adjusted his collar, back, and neck and then gazed about the entire scene. Curiously, gazing about the squad, the simulation, which the curiosity was not too visible in his gazing; it wasn't on his face it was just the fact that he was gazing that looked curious. He then looked to mutter somethings to himself, but it wasn't anything coherent or intelligible. He muttered (or mouthed) in Atoan, "Looks to me as though this is a dead-man's run."

He continued a little later on, muttering (or mouthing words) in Atoan, "Let's hope stealth and infiltration is one of their better specialties." Then, "silence fell upon him".

((Those not fluent in Atoan language would not understand, unless force sensitively possessing the ability of comprehend speech. To be understood he would have to telepathically speak to everyone or use a translation device or driod.))
((Edit: Might I suggest there being some "red-shirts" added into this mission?))
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

I do have one actually, I am curious as to the objective of this mission. There must be something specific we could sabotage or some kind of lead you could provide us with... Getting information after infiltration takes a lot of time. Time for trust to build. General Zarn shifted his weight to his left side, With all due respect, Mr. President, I would prefer to go into this mission with as much knowledge and safety for my men as possible.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 pm

General, I have left my plan ambiguous for a reason. I am not a general. I am a politician. You have authorization for all resources and time that you require. I am handing over control of this mission to you, General. I need you and your men to sabatoge the facility so that we can take the planet.
Back to top Go down
Centaur
Admin

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Brogan finally decided he wished to speak, though likely to be turned down he boldly raised his hand and asked, "Permission to speak freely and ask questions, sirs?"
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:09 am

The General nodded in agreement once the president had finished speaking and then turned to glance at Brogan and then the president. It would be up to the president whether or not he could speak.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:17 pm

The president pauses for a second, and then responds.Permission granted. Speak your mind.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:02 pm

"Watch your tongue, maggot... lest you want it cut off." It wasn't worth using the helmet comm, it was too risky, and as worried as Zarn was, he trusted that Brogan would make a good decision.
Back to top Go down
Centaur
Admin

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Mr. President. I'm sure you chose our squad for a very good reason and I'm sure -- with all respect that is due -- I needn't remind you that we are -not- stupid. My question this, do we have men on the field gathering intel? Or will we end up having to, in our endeavor to Infiltrate, gather the intel on improvisation? I've worked with both in the past, but I ask because in warfare intelligence is key. All warfare is all about deception within the information.

Intelligence in battles, and in warfare is the force, so to speak, that chooses for us life or death. If we can lie either that we don't have info or lie as if we do it could prove useful; in such deceptions it makes the target vulnerable, or at least more predictable, In this mission we all could use some predictability from the enemy, I'm sure we'd all agree. "
Brogan knew what he was doing, and hopefully didn't say anything worth a lashing from the General; but, perhaps, the General was wanting to ask the same.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

The president pauses for a moment, closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead, opening his eyes again.
Do you doubt me, soldier?

Am I not clear in the fact that you are to drive the rebels out of klatooine through a small attack?

Is it not clear that you are the mission? That the large attack is a front in order for you to achieve your mission and drive the rebels out?

The President points to the holographic display of the facility.

Is the structure of this facility not enough for you to achieve your mission? I figured you more clever than that, perhaps I've chosen the wrong team... I'm sure a single RBSI team could complete the task with ease...

Any other questions?
Back to top Go down
Centaur
Admin

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Brogan calmly replied, not appreciating the mockery, but made sure his tone was calm and respectful as he spoke. Again, with all due respect, Mr. President, my point was not that we cannot do it; my point was in order to get it done right, information is key. Doubt is not what is the matter; what is the matter is I hardly trust anyone these days. I trust my team, and care for them as family. Trust is earned, and you presenting a challenge I can admire from your authority. But I am no coward of such, and won't back down from even the slightest hint of mockery.

To clarify; what I am asking is, "if there is anything more, or if we could gain more to insure this family stays intact". You do need us, if we survive it benefits you as well. Apologies if I come across a bit crass and rude, but I tend to like having more information; even if it's more than I need.

My instincts have kept me alive, and my instincts are what have taught me to and drive me to observe, ask questions. And pardon me, but I'm quite certain that cleverness isn't exclusively about what you know, but what your able to learn, observe, and absorb; not only that but what you do with that.

So, is there going to be any more observing orther than what we have on the holo-chart? Or are we flying blind about how many we will encounter in there, what they're armed with..? Furthermore, to be put simply, "what more are we dealing with?" Or have I jumped the gun as you were getting to that?
He realizes now how rude this may've sounded...
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 pm

The president glares at Brogan for a second, clenched fiss, before relaxing.

Your situation is noted, however we have not been able to get intelligence into the system due to a Coalition early warning system. We're blind and deaf on the planet. The agents who got us these plans already forfeit their lives. I have faith in your General to get the job done. And succesful jobs recieve rewards.

You're brave to speak out at me like that. That's.. commendable.
Back to top Go down
Centaur
Admin

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:38 am

Brogan figures he dug a deep enough hole, and also got what he needed to hear. That being, this is all the information available, but realizes his approach wasn't the best, nor the easiest way of asking. He always tends to ask things complicatedly. He decided to hold his tongue from now on, and avoid from even the slightest smirk, while keeping a straight, perhaps apathetic, unwavering face.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:53 pm

General.. Your troops are dismissed. Now.. a word please.
The president ushers General Zarn to a corner of the room.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I repeat.. the president ushers general zarn to a corner of the room
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:22 am

You wanted to speak to me, Mr. President? General Zarn stands rigidly, awaiting the president's response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Call to Arms. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms.   A Call to Arms. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Call to Arms.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Restoration :: Role Play Section :: Text RP-
Jump to: