RPG Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An original Jedi Knight Jedi Academy RPG community with an original story.

Home<!--Start JAckeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ethan Turner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaunet

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:07 am

"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead."

The Basics
Name: Ethan Turner
Nickname: Ether, Turner
Alias: Taral
Home world: Felucia

Looks

Species: Human (???)

Eyes color: Brown
Hair color: Dark Brown
Facial features: While youthful, he has a realistic and somewhat down to earth feel about him. The look of a man with both youth and pragmatism.
Skin tone: Caucasian

Height: 6''1
Weight: 14 Stone or so
Build: Athletic, with a fair share of muscle

Tattoos: None
Body art: None
Scars: None
Piercings: None

Appearance:
Ethan Turner 1246164202_5576_full

Ethan Turner DarthTaral-1

Clothes: Often seen in dark Jedi Robes, or when out of the temple a black jacket with fur lining. A buckled belt and boots with matching jeans complete the look.

Personal Details

Personality: Down to earth, pragmatic, realistic and dry, Ethan is the man to turn to when you want a serious aspect to any situation. While he does have a sense of humor, it is very black and dry, and he considers most people who joke to be idiots as a rule of thumb. He only tends to aid others if it serves some greater purpose, and never out of the kindness of his own heart. While he is not evil, he is relatively cold. Warmth exists, but only to those who have earnt it - and even then, such displays are rare and far in between.

Force Sensitive: Yes

Alliance: Jedi Order
Guild/Group: Consulars

Strengths: A natural at Juyo due to his physical build and mentality. Possesses a cautious confidence. Shrewd, and fully capable of wielding logic and skill in a seamless combination. Uncanny knack for wielding both sides of the Force. Highly individualistic, doing things his own way - even if it's worse than the established method. Competent at Offensive and Defensive Powers, such as Force Lightning and Force Barrier.
Weakness/Flaws: Distrusting of most others, treating strangers - and even some friends - with suspicion and skepticism. Pessimistic Realist. Aside from Juyo he is not much good with a blade, relying instead on his skill with the Force. Untrained in non-Jedi skills, such as Mechanics and how to fire a weapon. Incompetent at Support Powers, such as Force Heal and Force Valor.

Other Information:

Languages:
Galactic Basic
Huttese
Droidspeak (Cannot speak)
Shyriiwook (Cannot speak)
A number of other languages

Force Powers:
Jump: 2
Push: 2
Pull: 2
Speed: 0
Sense: 2

Absorb: 1
Heal: 1
Protect: 1
Mind Trick: 0

Grip: 0
Drain: 0
Lightning: 0
Dark Rage: 0

Offence: 1
Defence: 1
Saber Throw: 0

Other Powers:
Force Deflection
Force Flash
Force Wave
Tapas
Mind Trick
Dun Moch

Lightsaber Forms:
Shii Cho: 1/10
Makashi: 2/10
Soresu:2/10
Ataru: 1/10
Djem So: 1/10
Niman: 2/10
Juyo: 7/10
Jar'Kai: 1/10

Force Branches: Combat-Based Powers above all else - offensive aspects of the Dark Side and defensive aspects of the Light Side. He is incompetent at support powers, such as Heal and Force Valor.

Weapons:
Single-Hilt Lightsaber, Green, Adegan Crystal

Ship:
None

Vehicle:
None

Skins:
N/A

History:
Unnecessary, he's just a Jedi Padawan.

Last edited by Amaunet on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amaunet

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Before I begin potentially wasting time writing history, like I did with Joryn, anything anybody wants to try and shoot down here?
Back to top Go down
Avenger

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 pm

dumb down absorb to 2.. and that's all i see wrong so far..
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Much Improved, I spoke it over with the other admins, here are the changes we need you to make.

Saber Attack: 1
Saber Defense: 1
Force Grip: 1
Absorb: 2 (As Avenger said, I agree with that notion.)

Consulars don't focus on the lightsaber as much and for example, my gand jedi grand councilor only has 2-2 stats, so you should go from 1-1 at padawan, to 2-1 at knight, and 2-2 at master. Beyond that, we need you to remove force choke and significantly lessen your saber styles if you want to remain a consular. You can have a few different styles but no consular knows moves in all those styles.

Thanks,
The Admin Team
Back to top Go down
Amaunet

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Most Jedi knew at least a few moves in every style, Ath. But if they tried to use them they'd be decimated. The only form Ethan can use in combat nad not be destroyed with is Juyo, hence the stats.

The rest? Atk 2, and i'll be cool. No way am I dealing with blue if i'm using Juyo.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:12 pm

1-1, sentinel if you want 2-1 stats... Then, of course, you will have to do major edits to your force powers, etc...

Decision stands on saber styles, just delete a bunch if you know a few moves...
Back to top Go down
DarkZolo

DarkZolo

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:51 pm

Force Barrier- A high level defense force skill.. I can see learning
Force Deflection- I have a huge problem with this just pointing stuff out but this is a very high level skill.
Force Wave- What... something about push 3.. as a pada.. Lol... Funny.
Force Sphere- Rofl.. A highly dark side move that can block blaster fire AND harm? Heck no.
Force Lightning- Already addressed however most jedi do not know this and grip since lighting is more of getting extreme hate or anger and releasing that.. but whatever.

Again these are just things I saw its up to admins to agree or not.

Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 am

Thank you for the suggestions, we will consider both of your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Amaunet

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:41 am

I know what i'm doing Zolo, don't worry. He -is- learning all of those powers, and can use a few to a degree.

Just because a power is listed does not mean somebody knows it 100%. This is something that, after 8 years, i'm surprised people haven't learned. I also have my methods of accumulating the emotion required to wield the Dark Powers I have listed. They'll be demonstrated IC when the time comes. I'll put it this way; it's very similar to how Vader worked.

Good points, though.

Also, neither Deflection or Wave are high-level abilities - I imagine even an initiate could learn either, given enough practice. The question is whether they'd be -taught- them. Deflection is something that came to Ethan naturally, and Wave he worked out from normal applications of Telekinesis through a little bit of experimentation. Both combined took him about 2 years to learn.

Force Sphere is the "ace up his sleeve" power, given how it's basically a less powerful form of Kinetite. He observed it in battle once, and he managed to catch the weave with an absorb. While this nearly wiped him out, he managed to memorise how the power was created, and he practiced it until he could do it himself. He's got a Grey Aura for a reason, y'know.

His Lightning is crude, due to it's construction, as is his grip. They get the job done, but they could certainly be more refined and powerful.

He can choke, but it's not actually the same power as Force Choke. In reality, Joryn uses a combination of Push and Pull around the target area to slowly "crush" it, thus having the same effect as Force Choke or, on a larger level, Force Crush. Joryn and Ethan were both masters of improvising.

Barrier he's learning, as it -is- a very powerful ability. At the moment he relies on a low level of protect, split across regions of his body like plate armor.

Back to top Go down
DarkZolo

DarkZolo

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:33 am

I still think sphere is a little out there for a Light side pady to know. And the way you desricbed lighting still bites at me a little bit over all that explantion wasnt shabby.
Back to top Go down
Kron

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Get rid of those dark powers, Selkis.
Back to top Go down
Amaunet

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Makes sense, what with a Jedi Shadow being his master. I guess he'll just have to develop the essential side to his strategy later on.

Until then, time to be useless! Very Happy

Also, Centaur, it'd be neat if you could ship me your xfire.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Hmm. Looks live everything's in order. I'd appreciate a short history (a summary of his life so far perhaps, a paragraph is fine) before I approve.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios
Admin
Athanasios

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 am

Are we approving absorb 3 now, cause he never changed that.
Back to top Go down
Avenger

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:01 am

Uhm. No. I was tired when I looked. And I skimmed. lol

But he dropeed it to 1..
Back to top Go down
Avenger

Ethan Turner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Turner   Ethan Turner EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Denied due to him being banned...
Back to top Go down