An original Jedi Knight Jedi Academy RPG community with an original story.

Home<!--Start JAckeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Joryn Gannuk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amaunet

PostSubject: Joryn Gannuk   Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:03 am

"I don't like this any more than you do, pal. But you gotta play the hand you're dealt."

"Hm. Hm. I see. What particular brand of crazy are you, then? Insane, or have you just got a touch of agoraphobia? I can come back later, y'know."

The Basics
Name: Joryn Gannuk
Nickname: Joe, Nook, Jor, Jory, Rookie
Alias: White Wolf
Home world: Corellia

Looks

Species: Human

Eyes color: Icy Blue
Hair color: Blonde
Facial features: He has a minor scruffy beard, and some might call him very attractive. He almost always has a winning grin on his face.
Skin tone: Caucasian

Height: 6''7
Weight: 17 Stone or so
Build: Muscular, but not grossly so.

Tattoos: None
Body art: None
Scars: None
Piercings: None

Appearance:

Clothes: Almost always seen in his trademark Black Bandana, he wears full black gloves which reach to his wrists, and a long open-chested white trench coat which is zipped halfway down the chest. He also wears buckled leather boots.

Personal Details

Personality: Outgoing, outspoken and particuarly glib, this suave man would play dice with death itself while grinning. Often appearing to take an indifferent, nonchalant or unserious attitude to very serious matters, in reality he takes them very seriously and is constantly thinking of news ways to take care of them. He is also obnoxiously protective of those he considers friends and family, although he knows when to hold back and when they can take care of themselves. His glib attitude often annoys others, yet his personality tends to win over people in the end.

Force Sensitive: Yes

Alliance: None
Guild/Group: Guardians (Formerly Sentinels)

Strengths: A natural at Djem So, Juyo and Makashi. Skilled in Diplomacy, Mechanics, Security and Scouting. He is immensely strong physically, able to take a lot of damage as well as dish it out. His reputation on the battlefield also tends to dissuade potentially violent encounters.
Weakness/Flaws: Cocky, his glibness can annoy some people, he has a deeply imbedded distrust of those with authority over him - for instance Politicians, stubborn, he is weaker in the Force than most Jedi of his level, he cannot sleep through natural means.

Other Information:#
Joryn is a trained Dreamwalker (further information at the bottom of the page)

Languages:
Galactic Basic
Huttese
Droidspeak (Cannot speak)
Shyriiwook (Cannot speak)
A number of other languages

Force Powers:
Jump: 3
Push: 2
Pull: 3
Speed: 0
Sense: 2

Absorb: 2
Heal: 3
Protect: 3
Mind Trick: 0

Grip: 2
Drain: 0
Lightning: 1
Dark Rage: 0

Offence: 3
Defence: 3
Saber Throw: 3

Other Powers:
Force Lightning
Force Grip
Comprehend Speech
Force Deflection
Force Flash
Force Wave
Tapas
Force Orb
Droid Disable
Force Stun
Mind Trick
Ray
Force Slow
Alter Damage
Dun Moch
Saber Barrier
Saber Throw
Telekinetic Saber Combat

Lightsaber Forms:
Shii Cho: 4/10
Makashi: 6/10
Soresu: 3/10
Ataru: 1/10
Djem So: 7/10
Niman: 2/10
Juyo: 9/10
Jar'Kai: 8/10

Force Branches:
Joryn has shown remarkable skill in regards to all varieties of Telekinesis, from self-Telekinetic abilities such as Force Jump to other abilities such as Force Push and Pull. He has also proven himself talented in the "Control" region of the Force, although this is no doubt a result of his constant exposure to Jedi Initiation lessons.

Weapons:
Single-Hilt Lightsaber, Light Blue Colour, Permafrost Crystal
Single-Hilt Lightsaber, Violet Colour, Hurrikaine Crystal
Akimbo Republic Heavy Blasters
A number of small metal shards
3 Thermal Detonators

Ship:
HWK-290 "Shatter Zero"

Vehicle:
None

Skins:
N/A

Dreamwalker:

The Dreamwalkers are a natural phenomenon, something brought into existence by the Force seemingly of it's own will. Thought to have died out just prior to the Mandalorian Wars, not much is known about them any longer due to the destruction of the Jedi Archives on Coruscant during the Jedi Civil War. What little is known of them implies that a Dreamwalker's consciousness, their very presence in the Force is spread out across the netherworld, which is the source of their unique abilities.

As the name implies, a Dreamwalker can "walk" dreams - what this means is that they are able to control and explore their own dreams, as well as the dreams of others, assuming that their target is not as strong of will as they are. However, Dreamwalkers have a tendency to be very strong willed, especially in what is referred to as the "Dreamworld". Understandably, this can only be done when they are asleep, thus making this ability useless in the waking world. While it may not sound powerful at first, it is; if the dreamer dies in the Dreamworld, he likewises perishes in the Waking World. By the same token, a Dreamwalker can communicate with others over long distances by speaking in their dreams, using only a fraction of the energy that would be necessary to use Telepathy over such a distance.

However, there is much more to a Dreamwalker than merely walking dreams, and this stems from the fact that their consciousness is stretched across the Force itself. Such apparent vulnerability leaves them open to the Force's Will, and as a result Dreamwalkers experience a great many Force Visions, viewings of the Force - be it past, present or future. Once again, these only occur during their dreams, and the closest similarity to a Dreamwalker would be a Jedi Seer, or a Prophet. In a way, they are Prophets.

Other traits of Dreamwalkers include an ease of the mind - abilities such as the Mind Trick and Telepathy come easily to them, and it was not uncommon for a Dreamwalker to be able to hold an entire conversation through the Force with another Force User - assuming that Force User possessed the same ability. It was a skill many Jedi Masters attempted to learn for years, and yet could still only utter a few words. However, on the flip side this does leave the Dreamwalker open to mental attacks from the Force, due to their consciousnesses being spread out.

Something else of note is that Dreamwalkers tend to adopt the traits of those nearby them, who are powerful in the Force. The Dark Side tends to bring upon the Dreamwalker increasingly aggressive and morbid traits, whereas the Light Side emphasises compassion and discipline. Personality traits of the Force User are also adopted - patience, self control, rashness, and the like. It is a double-edged sword, as it is a trait beyond the Dreamwalker's control - they can only learn to detect when they are under such an influence, and then minimise it - or maximise it, depending on the trait. Also, due to their consciousness being spread out across the Force, it is easier for a Dreamwalker to establish a Force Bond with another, although is it still difficult beyond ordinary means.

Notably, it is not a Force-Sensitive ability - Dreamwalking does not depend on the application of the Force, merely on going to sleep. As such, it is perfectly possible for a Non Force Sensitive to be a Dreamwalker, although they would be significantly weaker than a Force Sensitive for understandable reasons.

Being a Dreamwalker is a great and rare strength, but at the same time it brings great danger to the subject. If untrained, they can very easily make a mistake in the Dreamworld, or let their thoughts wander, and in an instant they may be destroyed - the Dreamworld is not a hospitable place for an invader. And this likewise brings danger in the Waking World, as their thoughts and actions are easy to read due to this spreading of the consciousness. In the Dreamworld they may unwittingly enter into a Nightmare, or imagine the wrong thing, and be forever trapped, their bodies rotting away in the Waking World - this is because when a Dreamwalker enters the Dreamworld, their consciousness abandons the body itself and enters the netherworld. As such, it is as if the body has died. If a Dreamwalker is not careful, he may find himself trapped forever in the Netherworld of the Force with no body to return to.

From what is known, Joryn Gannuk is the only Dreamwalker currently in existence.

History:
Working on it, should be done soon.

Last edited by Amaunet on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centaur
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm sorry... Dreamwalker...? Really? Screams of Inception, cliche and a rip off for one thing; although it may've been in the "Star Wars realm" already (aka before inception came out), the idea just doesn't seem to work for RP. I mean, don't get me wrong the idea sounds amazing, but it's likely going to be way OP. That's my opinion. Even if you say it won't become OP, it still just screams a no from me.

Get rid of "Dreamwalker" and write a history, and there may be better chance of approval.

*Sorry if this is a major criticism, or too harsh, but still... Please, just no Dreamwalkers.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpgrestoration.forumotion.com
Kron

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Centaur wrote:
I'm sorry... Dreamwalker...? Really? Screams of Inception, cliche and a rip off for one thing; although it may've been in the "Star Wars realm" already (aka before inception came out), the idea just doesn't seem to work for RP. I mean, don't get me wrong the idea sounds amazing, but it's likely going to be way OP. That's my opinion. Even if you say it won't become OP, it still just screams a no from me.

Get rid of "Dreamwalker" and write a history, and there may be better chance of approval.

*Sorry if this is a major criticism, or too harsh, but still... Please, just no Dreamwalkers.*

If you like I could link you to at least five approved biographies that feature cliche/rip offs and then ask you why Joryn is an exception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaunet

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:24 pm

And alongside Kron's point; being a Dreamwalker is as much a weakness as it is a Strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm neutral to dreamwalking.. as long as it's not used to meta and not overused, I'll be ok with it.

But hang on. This is a neutral guy?.. Holy crap... Uhm.. No one that powerful's gonna be a neutral.. We're trying to avoid that..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kron

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:51 am

Avenger wrote:
I'm neutral to dreamwalking.. as long as it's not used to meta and not overused, I'll be ok with it.

But hang on. This is a neutral guy?.. Holy crap... Uhm.. No one that powerful's gonna be a neutral.. We're trying to avoid that..

He chose to leave the jedi when the jedi council decided to make an irrational, violent decision I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaunet

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 am

Kron wrote:
Avenger wrote:

He chose to leave the jedi when the jedi council decided to make an irrational, violent decision I suppose.

Exactly. And he's considering rejoining, since all of the idiots who made that decision are now six feet under.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athanasios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 am

I really don't think this character should be that powerful... It's kind of ridiculous and can be easily used for meta, etc.

Dreamwalking, seriously? Give me one good reason you need a skill like that besides meta? And again.... I really don't think you deserve the rank of council member. Do any members of the jedi council ever leave the order before death?

I'm thinking we should have a full admin discussion before approving someone so powerful, to a random now guy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaunet

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 am

Joryn never was very orthodox; leaving the Council since they were all about to do an immensely stupid thing that'd get them all killed and potentially end the Order forever would have been just fine in his books.

"That powerful"? I haven't listed a single one of his Text Powers, so that's an illegitimate comment. And if I had listed them, you might like to note that I don't have a single "meta" power aside from Vision. If you want somebody who can meta, go ahead and look at Tynos Riller's bio.

And I don't need a skill like that. But, by the same token, no Force Users need any powers. If you're asking why I want a power like that, it's an excellent method of scouting and adds a new dimension to Joryn's character. And it's immensely difficult to meta with Dreamwalking, Ath, as you would have known had you properly read the section on it. Joryn can only spend about 2 or 3 hours in the Netherworld at a time, and it takes about an hours' worth of preparation before, not to mention it leaves him weak as hell for a short time afterwards. Aside from being able to communicate with anybody who's asleep or be able to scout out enemies ahead and behind while at camp, or killing a weak-willed opponent in their dreams, I don't see how I could meta with such a power. Explain that to me.

I know that's not very good reasoning, but I literally just woke up. Try again later.

Besides which, meta would be out of my character. It's boring, it's cheap, and it pisses more people off than it's worth.

Anything else, ladies?

Also; added his text powers.

Last edited by Amaunet on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kron

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 am

Athanasios wrote:
I really don't think this character should be that powerful... It's kind of ridiculous and can be easily used for meta, etc.

Dreamwalking, seriously? Give me one good reason you need a skill like that besides meta? And again.... I really don't think you deserve the rank of council member. Do any members of the jedi council ever leave the order before death?

I'm thinking we should have a full admin discussion before approving someone so powerful, to a random now guy...

Zolo's jedi character has at least twenty text powers that are overpowered as fuck and can be clearly split into two categories; ubering people on server and metagame.

Furthermore, you're saying powerful characters should be saved for the friends of admins?

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centaur
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Kron, I don't quite like the tone you're striking. There has already been a talk with Zolo about toning down his powers for two of his characters (one of which you've mentioned). You really could have asked politely whether we'd look into it rather than saying we're "ridiculous" (or perhaps you would have rather put it better in the word "idiotic") to say "powerful characters should be saved for the friends of admins" when we haven't said that.

"Funny" how you're talking about us being "biased" while you yourself are trying to help a Amaunet and take a crap at us admins. If there's any defending to be done, you don't attack the admins as a defense; that can just get you permanently banned for disrespect if the sort of thing continues. (I said "funny", yet somehow I'm not amused.)

*1st warning, in case you were wondering.*

It could be that Amaunet could pull this off without meta-ing or powergaming; but that could encourage others to do the same as he, but fail at doing it in the sense that they use it to powergame or metagame. Think about that and get back to me via pm (politely, please). We don't need more of this crap cluttering up a person's bio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpgrestoration.forumotion.com
Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to see how he plays the character before any further action here is taken..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaunet

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Pity most people don't think like you, Avenger. There'd be less problems on JKA if they did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athanasios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Avenger wrote:
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to see how he plays the character before any further action here is taken..

Me and Rel have both seen him roleplay and I would greatly appreciate if you would speak to me on that matter. Beyond that, I agree with centaur's reasoning about Kron. Unless you're an admin, Kron, and I am certain you are not, you have no right to argue either side of this character. Only the admin team and Amaunet, *apologies if spelled incorrectly*, can talk over the matter. Clutter Ends Here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Alright, I'm on xfire. Get back to your keyboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athanasios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:22 am

DENIED

1: All councilors were killed as said in the timeline and you cannot just say yours left before the attempt. That is just finding a loophole in the timeline for your overpowered/overranked character.

2: Too many text powers which make him too powerful. Jedi Guardians focus on saber styles not on ridiculous powers like force lightning.

3: He's good at everything! Is he bad at anything? Telekenesis, Saber, Lightning, and even Force Orb! Every character has flaws yet yours seems to have none. Flaws are good roleplay material.

4: You're just too attached to a character from another roleplay server. Branch out and make a new character who isn't so powerful. *Not a reason for denial, just a suggestion.* Beyond that, make a character that isn't so powerful. We don't four-hundred jedi masters walking around except within the jedi temple. If you want a jedi master, make him in the temple. Because seriously, you still haven't given me an example of a jedi master who ever deserted, let alone a councilor.

5: Dreamwalking is only meta and will be denied for being meta under the assumption and conclusion that it is meta.

*Please note, I do not hate you, yet you need to understand these important facts if you want to roleplay effectively. We don't need super powered jedi masters intermingling with the weaker, common roleplay. It isn't fair for anyone.*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Locked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athanasios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:04 am

To be deleted in a minimum of seven days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joryn Gannuk   

Back to top Go down

Joryn Gannuk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Restoration :: Character Information :: Denied Biographies-
Jump to: